RENTAL AGREEMENT CONTRACT
Welcome! The following information is for your reference. It contains some important and pertinent information about the policies of this self storage facility. Tenant acknowledges that he has read the conditions on the next page and agrees to be bound by them.
1. Your rent is due by the tenth day (10th) of each month.
2. Please mail your payment or bring it into the office. A payment box has been provided for your convenience. Mailing address is: Twisp Mini Storage, PO Box 794, Twisp, WA, 98856
3. If your payment is not received by the last day of the month you are considered in arrears and subject to having a lock placed on your unit. If your account is two months past due, you are subject to receive a Notice of Lien for the contents of your storage unit to be sold at a public auction.
4. A partial payment may not stop fees or official procedures.
5. We do not assume liability for the goods you store. Adding stored goods to an existing policy is generally quite inexpensive; we recommend contacting your insurance agency.
6. A $35.00 fee is automatically charged for all returned checks. All future payments must be made by money order or cash.
7. Do not use the rental unit for anything but DEAD STORAGE. Do not store any flammable, explosive or illicit materials. The unit is to be used for storage only. It is prohibited to live or sleep in any unit. It is prohibited to use storage unit for a shop space. It is prohibited to use storage to store animal pelts or hides.
8. The storage unit must be vacated on or before the last day of the month for which rent has been paid and all terms and conditions of this agreement are met by the tenant.
9. The storage unit must be broom clean, emptied, in good condition - subject only to wear and tear - and ready to re-rent.
10. Tenant's lock must be removed upon termination of occupancy. Failure to remove lock will result in your being charged the next month's rental and late fees.
11. Office hours are posted on office door and changes. Please utilize payment box when office is closed. The payment drop box is emptied daily. Management is on the property after hours for security reasons only.
12. Only one lock is allowed per door latch.
13. Please keep us updated of any address changes and/or phone number changes. Until we are notified in writing with your signature, the only valid address and telephone number present is on the lease.
14. Please leave aisles clear and do not block another tenant's door.
15. Delivery drivers are to be met promptly and are not to block driveways.
16. We will strictly enforce all policies and conditions in our contract. We do not make exceptions!
Thank you! We appreciate your business and look forward to your having a pleasant stay with us. If we can be of further help, please let us know.
TENANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE HAS READ THE CONDITIONS ON THE NEXT PAGE AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Tenant Signature Date
1. Tenant further covenants with Management that at the expiration of terms of this Lease, peaceable possession of the premises shall be given to the Management, in as good condition as they are now, normal wear, inevitable accidents and loss by fire excepted; and the Tenant agrees not to let, sublet, or assign the whole or any part of the premises without written consent of the Management. Tenant agrees not to affix shelving or other articles to the walls, ceiling or doors. Tenant must provide his own lock and keep unit locked at all times, using only one lock per unit door hasp.
2. Tenant at no time will live in unit or stay on premises overnight. No pets are allowed on premises. At no time will there be garbage, animal hides or other illicit materials stored in unit. The unit is to be for storage only. Tenant shall not place or keep in the premises explosives; flammable liquids, contraband or other goods prohibited by the law and agrees to abide by any rules promulgated by Management governing the use of these premises. The storage unit shall not be used as shop space of any sort. Tenant shall not permit damage to the premises and shall indemnify and hold Management harmless from any claim or cause of action arising out of Tenant's use of the premises. Tenant assumes responsibility for any loss or damage to property stored by Tenant in the premises and may or may not elect to provide insurance coverage for the same. MANAGEMENT DOES NOT MAINTAIN INSURANCE FOR THE BENEFIT OF TENANT, WHICH IN ANY WAY COVERS ANY LOSS WHATSOEVER THAT TENANT MAY HAVE OR CLAIM BY RENTING THE STORAGE SPACE OR PREMISES AND EXPRESSLY RELEASES MANAGEMENT FROM ANY LOSSES AND/OR DAMAGES TO SAID PROPERTY CAUSED BY FIRE, THEFT, WATER, RAINSTORMS, TORNADO, EXPLOSION, RIOT, RODENTS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, INSECTS, SONIC BOOM, LAND VEHICLES, UNLAWFUL ENTRY, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER, NOR SHALL MANAGEMENT BE LIABLE TO TENANT AND/OR TENANT'S GUEST OR INVITES OR AGENTS WHILE ON OR ABOUT MANAGEMENT PREMISES.
3. All leases expire on the last day of each month. The management may terminate said lease at his option if Tenant is not in full compliance with the terms of this Lease, subject to Management's approval. TENANT'S FAILURE TO VACATE THE PREMISES OR REMOVE THEIR LOCK ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS THE LEASE FOR ONE (1) MONTH.
4. Tenant agrees to give Management ten (10) days written notice of his intention to vacate his/her storage unit in order to avoid responsibility for the payment of the next month's rent. The storage unit must be vacated on or before the last day of the month for which rent has been paid and all terms and conditions of this agreement are met by the tenant. Tenant shall remove any items in the Storage Unit prior to termination of this lease. Management is not responsible for any items remaining on the premises after termination of the lease.
5. Rental payments are due on the tenth (10th) of each month without demand. If rental payments are not paid in full within five (5) days of the due date, including any Returned Check or Miscellaneous Charge, the Management may, at his option, declare the Tenant in default. No notice need be given of default. MANAGEMENT DOES NOT SEND OUT BILLINGS FOR MISCELLANEOUS RENTAL CHARGES.
6. Tenant's who are two months past due are subject to an overlock charge of $5.00, which shall be considered part of the rental. Management will place its lock on the Storage Unit in default. NO NOTICE WILL BE MAILED ADVISING OF OVERLOCK. If the rental account is brought current, the Management shall remove its lock.
7. The Management may, at his option, take possession of the goods in the Storage Unit on Tenant in default. Taking possession of the goods shall consist of over-locking the Storage Unit door to prevent Tenant's access to the Storage Unit until all rental, late fees, and miscellaneous charges are paid in full.
8. The personal property in Storage Unit may be sold to satisfy the lien if Tenant is in default. Management shall have a lien on all personal property stored within each Storage Unit for rent, labor, or expenses reasonably incurred in the sale. All moving, storage and/or sales costs associated with sale of goods shall be borne by Tenant. After a lien against the personal property in the unit arises, ONLY PAYMENT IN THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE LIEN WILL BE ACCEPTED TO SATISFY LIEN, PARTIAL PAYMENTS WILL NOT STOP ANY AUCTION PROCEDURES OR LEGAL ACTIONS.
9. The Management may, at his option, REMOVE THE TENANT'S LOCK AT TENANT'S EXPENSE TO APPRAISE STORED GOODS FOR SALE. Management may at this time move property to another location to be stored and Tenant agrees to be solely liable for any damage, loss or expenses incurred by his action. And the parties agree that Management shall have a lien upon all personal property stored in the unit to secure payment of this charge, as well as all other charges owed to Management. If the rental account is brought current, the Management shall remove its lock. IT IS THE TENANT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPLACE HIS LOCK AT THE TIME OF PAYMENT TO INSURE THE SECURITY OF HIS STORAGE UNIT (ONLY ONE LOCK PER UNIT DOOR HASP). AT ALL TIMES, MANAGEMENT WILL NOT SUPERVISE USE OF UNIT IN ANY WAY. THE SAFETY OF ITEMS STORED BY THE TENANT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TENANT.
10. In the event Management is required to obtain the services of an attorney to enforce any of the provisions of this Lease, Tenant agrees to pay in addition to the sums due hereunder, an additional amount as and for attorney's fees and cost incurred.
11. Management will have the right in the event of an emergency to enter the storage unit with what ever reasonable force is necessary. They may at their discretion, deny access to premises in case of inclement weather or emergencies.
12. A returned check is subject to a charge of $25.00, which shall be considered part of the rental. Unit shall be in default and overlocked by Management, until amount of the returned check, returned check charge, and any additional charges due are paid in full. Payment must be made by cash, money order or certified check.
13. The Monthly Rental rate, deposit amount, late charge, cut-lock, and returned check charge are each subject to increase on day one of each month. Tenant shall be given thirty (30) days written notice of such increases and this Lease shall be deemed to be so altered if the Tenant continues his occupancy beyond the effective date of the increase. Notice shall be deemed given when Management deposits first-class mail to Tenant at address given on this Lease or official change of address. Tenant shall apprise Management of any change in his/her mailing address in writing within twenty (20) days of such change. A new Lease does not have to be executed for any new rental rate increases.
14. Any right granted herein to Management may be exercised by Management's Rental Agent or other representative or agent.
15. The covenants herein contained shall extend to and be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
Tenant signature__________________________________Date______________________________________Unit #___________________